Welcome to Blogtober day 16! I visited Vienna recently and wanted to know more of its culture. So I decided to google some interesting facts about Vienna and compile them in this list for you to enjoy. I found them truly fascinating, I hope you enjoy! If you would like more of these types of Blog posts then let me know and I’ll do some more fact finding! I had so much fun sourcing these and I hope you have as much fun with these as I did finding them!
- About one fifth of the population of Austria lives in the capital, Vienna.
- Vienna has been ranked as a number one city with the highest quality of living in the world.
- It has the world’s oldest Zoo – situated in the grounds of Schonbrunn palace!
- Vienna is the only world capital to produce its own wine.
- Vienna has the oldest Ferris wheel in the world
- Vienna has over 300 balls each year.
- The national dish of Austria is Weiner Schnitzel.
- The original snow globe was invented here, by accident, in 1900.
- The Danube river is unique as it runs through 4 capital cities, the most in the world.
- Vienna technically sits in two different climates. It’s located right at the border of the moderate middle European transitional climate and the drier Pannonian zone.
For more photography and sneak previews follow my Instagram and twitter:https://www.instagram.com/katiethetourist/
For more posts like this one coming soon in Blogtober follow my blog, likes and comments are always appreciated. As well as anyone looking to guest blog or anything like that private message me on Instagram or twitter or drop me a message in the comment section down below.